Congress has already passed the NDAA overwhelmingly, and can submit it for the President to sign as soon as conference negotiations conclude. To stop this, more people need to know the facts listed at the bottom of this petition.
If we act urgently to raise awareness among our friends, family, and colleagues, we can still prevent this. Here is what we can do:
1) Americans must know about this to stop it. Urgently spread this petition as widely as possible. Write emails to journalists reminding them of the facts listed at the bottom of this petition.
2) Congress can still block the law before conference negotiations conclude. Write and call your Representative and Senator telling them to stop NDAA Section 1031 and the dangerously misleading Feinstein Amendment 1031(e). In your correspondence, mention the facts listed at the bottom of this petition.
- Contact your Representative at
- Contact your Senator at
3) Write and call the White House to tell the President you won’t sit by and watch NDAA Section 1031 and the dangerously misleading Feinstein Amendment 1031(e) become law.
4) Stay smart! Here’s a list of the most common points of confusion. Too many journalists are still confused about these facts — please let them know:
- The bill passed by Congress absolutely DOES NOT exempt citizens. Section 1031 reads, “A covered person under this section” includes “any person who has committed a belligerent act”. We only have to be ACCUSED, because we don’t get a trial.
- Confusingly, Obama threatened a veto for 1032, but NOT 1031. 1032 is UNRELATED to imprisoning citizens without a trial. Obama has never suggested using a veto to stop Section 1031 citizen imprisonment. In fact, applying Section 1031 to citizens was requested by the Obama administration: See the video proof here.
- The Feinstein Amendment 1031(e) is dangerously misleading. Don’t be fooled: In the text of 1031(e), “Nothing in this section shall be construed…”, the only word that matters is “construed” — the Supreme Court are the only ones with the power to construe the law. The Feinstein Amendment 1031(e) permits citizens to be imprisoned without evidence or a trial forever, if the Supreme Court does not EXPLICITLY repeal 1031.
- Any time you hear the words, “requirement for military custody” this refers to 1032 NOT 1031. We MUST not confuse these two sections. In its statements, the Obama administration has actually contributed to the confusion about 1032′s “requirement for military custody”, which is COMPLETEY UNRELATED to Section 1031 citizen imprisonment without trial. These tricky, misleading words appear even in major news stories. Don’t fall for it!
Please sign this petition now!
This post has already been read 1832 times!