Consensed on at the Sunday, December 18, 2011 Occupy Chapel Hill General Assembly (this policy replaces the prior approved policy)
The following policy applies to everyone involved with Occupy Chapel Hill/Carrboro, whether on-site or off-site:
Occupy Chapel Hill/Carrboro will provide, when possible, a tent and bedding items to those who acknowledge the following Good Neighbor Policy. Violation of the policy may result in temporary loss of tent privileges but can be appealed to the next scheduled General Assembly
Following respectful and good-faith dialogue with members of the community, Occupy Chapel Hill/Carrboro hereby announces the following Good Neighbor Policy:
• OCH/C has zero tolerance for alcohol or illegal drugs or activity anywhere in the Peace and Justice Plaza;
• OCH/C has zero tolerance for violence or verbal abuse towards anyone in the Peace and Justice Plaza;
• OCH/C has zero tolerance for abuse of personal or public property in the Peace and Justice Plaza.
• OCH/C encourages all participants in the Peace and Justice Plaza to respect health and sanitary regulations, and will direct all participants to respectfully utilize appropriate off-site sanitary facilities.
• OCH/C will display signage and strive to have a community relations monitor in the Peace and Justice Plaza, in order to ensure awareness of and respect for our guidelines and Good Neighbor Policy.
• OCH/C will strive to at all times have a community relations monitor on-site, to monitor and respond to community concerns and complaints.
• OCH/C will establish a Monitor working group of at least one on-site and one off-site participant to implement this policy. On a designated date, the group will evaluate the current tent situation and its members will review any prospective participants.
Occupy Chapel Hill/Carrboro
December 18, 2011