Timekeeper: ? (help me out with this one!)
- Review of Process
- Review Yesterday’s GA Minutes
- Tabled Items:
– Wintering (to be discussed Thursday)
– Outreach Document (to be discussed Thursday)
– Visioning Discussion: Occupy Evictions
- Working Group Report Backs/Announcements:
– Human Rights Center of Carrboro
– Inter-Occupy Communication
– American Legislative Exchange Council
Time Keeper: Vincent
Note Taker: Saydia
Proposed Questions: 1) What is general assembly? And 2) How do we relate to whats happening in Egypt? GA was excited to discuss the second question, hence, the first question was tabled for future.
Visioning Report Back:
- We have discussed the explicit and implicit we are complicit to the system that Egyptians are fighting against. More precisely, the political structure that US imposes on the rest of the world, we are one way or other part of it. We are 1% to the rest of the world.
- We have discussed why we are faced to play this complicit role? – comfort of capitalism, a system of fear in place.
- How are we contributing to the movement in Egypt? How can we move forward?
- In Egypt, there Youth, mostly male are fighting on the ground. In our case, its a lot different, our youth are either locked up in jail or fighting war in Iraq.
General Assembly Minutes
Sunday, Nov. 27, 2011 @ 3 p.m.
Facilitator : Katya
Greeter: Steve, Evan
Timekeeper : Stephanie
Note taker: Onja
Recording of meeting: Gordon (work in progress due to all the background noise)
-Call for any new folks? Monkey is new to Chapel Hill and has visited Occupies across the country.
-Review of Process
-Review and Finalize Agenda
Working Groups proposals
Police response to Yates building
On Sunday, Nov. 27, the Occupy Chapel Hill GA consensed to: “Cut the number of General Assemblies down to 3/week. Sunday + 2 other days to be determined by vote during Monday GA and via online survey for those who can’t make Monday’s GA.”
The survey is now closed. Thanks to all those who voted online and to those who made it to the Monday GA to discuss this. The dates selected were Tuesday and Thursday. So Occupy Chapel Hill General Assemblies will be held: Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday.
On non-GA days we hope have working group meetings, teach-ins, and other activities.
Nov. 26 GA Minutes
Facilitators: Katya and Hunter
Time Keeper: Stephanie
The GA began with an announcement that anyone in attendance for the first time should make self-introductions. 4-5 folks responded and all were welcomed to OCHC.
Consensus was reached to delay discussion of agenda items so as to accommodate this visioning question: OCHC is six weeks old today. What have we accomplished to this point? Three groups formed for discussion and generated the following responses.
General Assembly Minutes
Wednesday, Nov. 23, 2011 @6 p.m.
Review Nov. 22 Meeting on Winterizing OCHC
Working Groups Report Backs
Alcohol and Drunk People in Encampment
Announcements (Note especially Harry’s apology to OCH)